Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Book Review - Hold Me Closer, Necromancer by Lish McBride

Sam, a college drop-out and not-so-proud fast-food employee, is shocked to learn he has the power to raise the dead.  He is even more shocked to learn that a very powerful necromancer will stop at nothing to keep Sam in check. 

This fantasy novel is full of strange but interesting characters including werewolves and witches.  The characters, especially Sam, ooze humor throughout the book making it a great combination of action, humor, romance, and paranormalcy.  Be warned there is brutality (laced with humor) mostly at the expense of Sam's face.  There is also a not very graphic, but very obvious, sex scene.

Overall - a good read.  Not really my personal preference, but very funny.  I didn't like that the ending left the door wide open for a sequel - personally I hate sequels.  I think many of my students will love it.  I'd recommend it in my school for certain juniors and seniors.  It's not for everyone.  Personally, I give it 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment