Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Book Review: Pinned by Sharon Flake

PinnedPinned by Sharon G. Flake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Autumn and Adonis are an unlikely pair, unless, of course, you ask Autumn. According to her, a girl athlete and champion wrestler couldn't be better matched for a boy with no legs, and Adonis’ perfect grades and genius brain are perfect for a girl who can’t read. Convincing Adonis of this, however, is a difficult task. When Autumn’s parents push her to improve her reading skills, Autumn learns a lot about herself and those around her.

Told in alternate voices, Pinned, is a light young adult novel about realistic events high school students encounter and overcome. Autumn and Adonis seam real although not always likable. I was a bit put off at the beginning due to the poor grammar in Autumn’s narrative, but now I think it adds to her character. Although not an earth-shattering novel, this was a great read. I was interested in the characters and the plot. I couldn't put it down.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment