Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Book Review: Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan

Two 16 year olds who happen to share the same name cross paths in an unlikely place one Chicago night.  Will #1 publicly defends his very large, very gay best friend and is somewhat shunned by other students.  Will #2 pushes away others and seeks refuge in an Internet romance with a boy he's never met.  Their lives and relationships quickly intertwine in this very honest novel about friendship, love, and musicals (well, just one musical). 

Honestly, this book was not my favorite.  I didn't really get into the plot.  I didn't like Will #2's character.  There were some funny parts, but as a whole, I don't think there were enough funny parts to make up for the emo-ness (is that a word) of Will #2.  Now, that could be because I liked John Green's other books so much that this one was overshadowed.  I thought the book was great for it's intended audience, and I would recommend it to certain students.  It just wasn't really for me.  3/5

No comments:

Post a Comment